Secondary question

viper700t

So I have a secondary laying in pieces and need to put back together. I can’t remember how that plate is suppose to go. According to the diagram it shows the holding plate to have a bolt in it. But I don’t recalll it being bolted separately. Can anyone help me with this dumb question. I couldn’t find any videos showing one taken apart.
Part 5 but shows part 6 a bolt holding it. Can anyway point me in right direction.
Neither is in front of me. Hour away so making sure I have everything to put it back together before I make the drive.

Attachments

• 9AB82B68-6DA1-4803-8ABE-C333608A3006.jpg
    9AB82B68-6DA1-4803-8ABE-C333608A3006.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 9

That plate, #5, isnt oriented in for out. If its used, flip it to where the best side is facing out. That plate is what the belt deflection bolts ride against as so not to wear out the sheaves. Usually there are 3 phillips head screws that secure it to the sheave.

Something tells me when I took it apart it wasn’t secured to the sheave. When you say if it’s used, does that mean it can be left out ? I wish I could remember how it was when took it apart but I know for a fact it wasn’t bolted to the sheave. Something tells me it was on the studs where the helix bolts on. Would that make sense?

I dunno how the previous owner had it then because when I took it apart it was definitely not mounted. When I took the helix and separated the sheaves it came off too. But just can’t remember how it was when I did it awhile ago.

It has to be installed, period. If not, you wont be able to adjust the belt deflection unless you want to get longer screws for that and ruin the sheave. What I meant by "used" was if there is strong evidence of the adjustment screws digging in to the plate, smooth it out and put the best side towards the back sheave.

Back