00 srx 700 inner chain case seal

hessracing

Hey guys, I never know when to leave well enough alone. I lost my speedo the other day and I got a new bearing and a key and put them in and was nervous about the other side. I got it all apart bearing did not look bad but since I bought a new one and seal I figured I would change it. Well the bearing part was easy I tapped that out on my bench and put the new one in with a new clip. Pealed the old seal out and was not able to get the new one in perfect now the dam thing leaks..... how far in is that thing supposed to go? right up to the bearing? I'm going to order a new one and have a dealer press it in just didn't know how far to put it on??

All the way in to the bearing, also, make sure it still has the spring on the seal, spring side goes toward the bearing.

Thank you when I pulled it off i think the seal pulled a little way out i did not know if that was to let oil in between the bering and the seal? my upper was pulled out a bit too i'll get 2 new seals and find a press to get them pushed in better!

Don’t need a press at all, i just put some oil on my finger, spread it around the housing, then place seal in there, them lightly tap it in place with anything blunt, working around the seal from side to side so it goes in evenly. Think last time I did it, I just used a deep well socket and hammer.

Back