02 viper backfire

Srx007

Good morning all. Just as the title says father in law called me with a problem yesterday with his viper, he did notice the warning light flash but he said he didnt pay much attention to it he said after it was finishing flashing it just stayed on and while it was flashing he started limping it back home which wasn't far abut 1 km. When he stopped it backfired(pipe must have been petty Fn hot). With what he told me I could possibly determine, with the help of tech section that it may either be tps or variable grip warmer...He did have to add coolant at beginning of the season but he has ridden quite a bit since then, Im thinking it is coolant related but Im going to be going over plugs, wires, caps, carbs again even tho already have and pull the screens again, power valves, cables and servo and then finally the mag.. Might just have to bleed coolant or maybe the thermostat collapsed. Could this problem stem from a rub through?

No cracks but will look out for it thanks. problem was low snow conditions and he choked it before shutting the sled off....

Back