2000 Srx 700 top speed

Yamalover700

Hi everyone, new to totallyamaha and I recently purchased my first powervalved monster, wondering what the top speed should be on these babies and how they’re supposed to run, hitting 180km on speedo at 8600rpm wondering if that’s accurate for a stock engine:2strokes:

That’s about 111 mph. And probably about 97mph actual speed. Speedo’s are off 12-14 mph. What distance were running to see this speed? If a good distance that’s about what a stock sled will run

The distance was roughly 2000ft, have close to 130 1” studs with 3/4” lug height wondering if I should put more..I’m kind of skeptical of putting studs on the outside but I feel it’s still spinning a lot

The distance was roughly 2000ft, have close to 130 1” studs with 3/4” lug height wondering if I should put more..I’m kind of skeptical of putting studs on the outside but I feel it’s still spinning a lot

You will still spin with studs, putting to many studs could slow you down some. I never put studs on the outside of tracks on trail sleds. Think rotating mass of the lug track and studs combined. You want to put just enough based on hp.

180 km/h is ok, but on a really long run, with good clutching you should see 200 kph on the speedo (that's 124,3 mph). (See my avatar picture)

That sounds wild norwegian haha, yeah a buddy of mine has a 98 srx 700 that does 200 aswell, he said he did some clutching to it, are you running a stock clutch? If not what did you change?

You will still spin with studs, putting to many studs could slow you down some. I never put studs on the outside of tracks on trail sleds. Think rotating mass of the lug track and studs combined. You want to put just enough based on hp.
Right, isn’t the recommended amount of studs 140-190 on a 121” track? Something close to that, how many studs are you running?

That sounds wild norwegian haha, yeah a buddy of mine has a 98 srx 700 that does 200 aswell, he said he did some clutching to it, are you running a stock clutch? If not what did you change?

Running a heelclicker set up with 5,2 in heel, and about 7 or 8 gram in tip. 50/40 dalton helix and I think I have a hauck silver @70 deg in there. You need lots of room to get there. Atually the speedometer went over 200, like 203 or something.

Back