1993 Ovation issues

dfroster

Picked up a 93 Ovation with low miles for my 11 year old son.

Steering is heavy. It has ski skins and short carbides. Front skid limiter is long and rear limiter is short. Is that the correct combo for light steering? Any thoughts on how to lighten it up?

Sounds like track is ratcheting....at slow speeds, especially when turning and deceleration. Track is not very loose though. Also, hear a chain rattling sound at slow speeds too. Chain loose? Low chaincase fluid?

Thanks for any feedback.

Also, I’m in Wausau WI. So if your local and would be willing to help me get this little machine running right, let me know. I’ll compensate.

sounds like some one already tried to lighten up the steering on it. if he is staying in the yard with it, you could try just wear bars on it to see if that helps.

i would change the chaincase fluid and re adjust the chain to finger tight and backed off 1/2 a turn and locked there. you can use 80w90 or synthetic equivilent.

might want to check the grease in the bearing behind the secondary clutch and the one below it as well as they are known to go dry over time. you can pick the seals out and clean and re-lube in place as long as there is no rust on the balls or race.

Back