2000 srx gearbox center to center distance

micorps

Hi all been awhile. I am trying to find the center to center distance for the gearbox in my 2000 srx. I am trying to buy a chain for my 23/35 and 23/37 gears i am going to have my brother try. Please let me know if you know the cd. Tough doing this from 2,000 miles away. Thank you. Tim

Last edited:

I’m thinking 7” but I can’t confirm at the moment. I would guess a 68 link chain would do ya.

Thank you for the responses. Finally got my brother and dad to remove can and pipes lastnight to measure. They came up with 7 1/16 to 1/8. The chart captnviper helps alot with stock part numbers. I bought a 23 and 24 top and 35 and 37 bottom. Will see how my existing 68 chain fits if we run the 23/35, may need next size smaller chain. The 68 chain should be good for the 23/37 gears. The back story is this is one of my speed run sleds. We were trying different setups not realizing oil pump was going and cylinders going down as a result. Finally figured it out when it was too late. Now it has a fresh motor and previous setups are not right, topping out at around 600-700ft with 22/39 gears, which was surprised it had that gear ratio when i bought it and still ran a best of 107mph on speed traps. New motor is still coming in also, so definitely need some gearing for more top end. Anyways, thank you for the responses. Tim

Back