2000 sxr track lug depth?

paulolson

I have a 2000 sx700r and it's time for a new track. I would like to install an Ice Attack XT that has a lug height of 1.22 inches. (i'm guessing 1.25 inches to stud tips.) My question is can i use this track without removing the heat exchanger protector and will i need change the track drive sprocket?

That should be fine. Had an 1 1/4 on my 2000 sxr with 144 down the middle. Had to use the less aggressive studs but kept protectors

Yamitriple thanks. Where you have to change your drive sprockets to an 8 tooth or were you able to run the 9 tooth?

My brother had a 1.25 ripsaw on his 600 triple Venture with no forward rad protector he had 0.9 in clearance.
My 700 Venture with a 1.35 Cobra again no rad protector has 0.8 in clearance

Measure how much your rad protectors stick out and compare that to the info I just posted.

Last edited:
It was a 9 tooth but the protector did rub on the inner lugs very slightly. I’m assuming only when under load or hitting bumps because I could see clearance when nothing was on it. I just ran it. Could probably cut back the lugs slightly that pass over the protector. I personally would just remove protectors tho and run it.

Back