Viper estart install question

yammieman

Hey guys, I have a 2002 Yamaha viper I’m adding estart to it. I have the ring gear, starter, and battery box with relay and leads to battery. I figured my machine would have a plug on the harness for the estart but I can’t find it. Do I need to buy a new harness from a ER viper?
Thx!!

Hey guys, I have a 2002 Yamaha viper I’m adding estart to it. I have the ring gear, starter, and battery box with relay and leads to battery. I figured my machine would have a plug on the harness for the estart but I can’t find it. Do I need to buy a new harness from a ER viper?
Thx!!

I would think so. If it was available on your harness you would see the open plugs.

when we did my brothers 02 the plugs where there in the harness but there was a chunk of harness we had to add to it that came in the kit if i remeber correctly. heck this was 10 years ago when i last did this. lots of the plugs are under or behind the oil tank if memory serves.

when we did my brothers 02 the plugs where there in the harness but there was a chunk of harness we had to add to it that came in the kit if i remeber correctly. heck this was 10 years ago when i last did this. lots of the plugs are under or behind the oil tank if memory serves.

Some the plugs could be taped up and to the harness.

It will have the plug under cowel above right footwell. Tight against tunnel, may have to dig for it. Will be 3 wires with a cap on it. All vipers are wired for them. The piece it sounds like you will need is from that plug to the top of the relay. It can be ordered from Yamaha or make your own. I bought ends to fit relay and then made my own hardwired to sled.

Back