is an Apex an upgrade from the SRX?

I had a 2002 SX Viper with a Boss seat and handle bar riser. I bought a 2007 Apex Attak. Took me a about and hour of riding to get used to the change. There is no comparison, the Apex, in my opinion, has more seat of the pants torque from zero to 100+ than the Viper. I ended up buying my Viper back and still would rather ride my Attak, he SX Viper is back for sale. The no carb cleaning, and power valve cleaning is amazing, just change the oil and grease it and ride! One thing that I'd would defiantly do is if you ride trails, set the transfer to min, spring to about medium and my dial is just about soft, and then run snow trackers. Snow trackers was one of the best upgrades I did.

You will Love it!

Nator

I wanted an Apex bad for quite a while. Finally got one and didn't care for it. Tried again a few years later and still wasn't my thing. The guys that like them love them, the guys that don't completely hate them.

I bought a new apex xtx a couple years ago. It was plenty fast, but i didnt care for how it rode and handled. Really regretted selling my sxr700. After changing the rear shock and skis, and getting it dialed in for me, I love it. It handles great, goes in the deep pretty good, and is fast as hell. I bought another sxr700 cause i will always love those sleds. But man, it sure feels old when i ride it now. I am going to longtrack it, and try to get it as close to my xtx as i can. Might even put fox floats on the front. But it will never have the pull of that 4stroke

Stock vs. stock the APEX is perhaps an all around better choice. Having both an APEX GT and an SRX I can tell you I ride both equally. My SRX has the APEX GT rear skid and modified front end which is a major improvement over the stock SRX suspension which is severely lacking vs. the APEX skid. Power wise It would be a good race . That being said you got yourself a great deal and you will learn to appreciate both.

Congrats on the sled.That 2007 apex has the same suspension as my brothers(7skulls) 2006 Nytro.Just about impossible to bottom out the skid(Corey Davidson race this sled for yamaha in cross-country racing with some success).Compared to an SRX the power has more depth/torque,but the SRX is snapper.Smooth river with no humps the SRX would leave behind the Apex but on beat up trails and cross-country the apex would rein supreme.TY 4 stroke side has lots of info on maintenance(exhaust dounuts,pipes cracking,check skid front arm for cracks,etc) and setup of the suspension to get the best out of it.Just be aware of the extra weight:sled1:But on the plus side your knees will thank you for the somewhat rider forward set-up;)!

Last edited:

Back