may contain up to 10% ethanol

RPS52

I’m in the Kawarth Lakes area, just went to my local Ultramar station and noticed that all 3 grades of fuel now have the “may contain up to 10% ethanol” sticker on the pumps. Went in and asked the attendant about this and she told me that all their stations are going that way and she had been told that other competitors are also doing the same. Very disappointed.
Is this something others in Ontario are seeing ?
I typically run the high octane in my sled and definitely run it in all my small engine tools (trimmers, blowers etc).

i think it is going canada wide. just means that anything that is not going to be ran once a month with stabilizer will need to be drained or run out of gas to help with carb problems.

Yes. I've been seeing diluted ethanol gas in all Ontario grades of gasoline for years. To help reduce water separation risk (well known side effect of ethanol gas), I've been adding double times recommended amount of "STA-BIL 22257- Marine Fuel Stabilizer". This stuff can be bought on Amazon.ca Keep an open eye for bulk orders &/or on-sale deals. Since using this stuff, I haven't had any carb "gum up" problems. Especially in my smaller engines - that are very sensitive to Varnish &/or water separation / dilution side effects.

Talk about gasoline quality, always try to use "top tier" brands of gas as well. re: Esso, Shell, Petro Canada, etc. Gas like Ultramar is lower quality gas. For more details, surf contents of: https://www.toptiergas.com/licensed-brands/

Hope this helps...

Last edited:

Back