06 Vector Suspension Cable Broke??

Diceman2

just picked this sled up and the cable for the suspension adjustment is broken...common issue I am told on theses sleds...questions is, can I maunally make this adjustment without the cable?...never dealt with theses sleds before...can the main spring be adjusted manually? Thanks

just picked this sled up and the cable for the suspension adjustment is broken...common issue I am told on theses sleds...questions is, can I maunally make this adjustment without the cable?...never dealt with theses sleds before...can the main spring be adjusted manually? Thanks

Barn of Parts, Advertiser on the other side (TY4stroke.com) makes a blank off kit and a manual knob for that now. Here is what I did, I blanked off the tunnel, rolled the shock so I can stick a square drive bit in the hole that the cable goes into and manually make adjustment. Then I put a rubber cap over it to keep the crud out.

As far as the spring, does it have a cam adjuster on the one end or threaded washers?

Also you would get more help on 4 stroke stuff if you go and register on TY4stroke.com website :D

Barn of Parts, Advertiser on the other side (TY4stroke.com) makes a blank off kit and a manual knob for that now. Here is what I did, I blanked off the tunnel, rolled the shock so I can stick a square drive bit in the hole that the cable goes into and manually make adjustment. Then I put a rubber cap over it to keep the crud out.

As far as the spring, does it have a cam adjuster on the one end or threaded washers?

Also you would get more help on 4 stroke stuff if you go and register on TY4stroke.com website :D

info much appreciated...what do you mean when you said you blanked off the tunnel?...I was able to stiffin shock up abit...Thanks again

Yes, you can leave one end attached and rotate the shock body to point it down so u can easily get to the square drive.

great...and guessing this is done without taking skid out right?...just undo bottom of the shock and then turn it...

great...and guessing this is done without taking skid out right?...just undo bottom of the shock and then turn it...

You dont have to remove the skid, but to make it easier to do, suspend the skid and remove the rear bolt of the bottom transfer rod. It will take the tension off.

Back