2000 yamaha venture 700(redhead)

rickk

I have a problem with the tach not working on sled it would work sometimes but now has quit and has gone entirely around and stopped against the fuel gauge.(fuel gauge still works) Now looking in the forum i have seen about wires wearing through under the engine which i have pulled all the way out and checked every wire individually with no wires worn through then re taped the wires. Also checked around the steering column which i found that the ground wire that runs from the frame side beside the secondary all the way to the cdi was melted in a few spots, so i removed all the bad ground wire and replaced it but have yet to find where a live wire is wore through to cause the ground wire to melt and my tach issue? The snowmobile seems to run fine and no other issues that i'm aware of. Any help would be appreciated thanks!

I have a problem with the tach not working on sled it would work sometimes but now has quit and has gone entirely around and stopped against the fuel gauge.(fuel gauge still works) Now looking in the forum i have seen about wires wearing through under the engine which i have pulled all the way out and checked every wire individually with no wires worn through then re taped the wires. Also checked around the steering column which i found that the ground wire that runs from the frame side beside the secondary all the way to the cdi was melted in a few spots, so i removed all the bad ground wire and replaced it but have yet to find where a live wire is wore through to cause the ground wire to melt and my tach issue? The snowmobile seems to run fine and no other issues that i'm aware of. Any help would be appreciated thanks!

I see you are posting just fine.

Sorry if I'm not in right topic,I'm new lol....sound like it's a pain in the bu........ those tachometer I have a 2001 sxr700 and it's does the same thing fuel gauge works but tach and light not but blue wire is good and there is fire in it .. remove complete wiring check everything ,it's all good mmm mmm what a mystery....... juste a weird question why does the blue wire connect to the brown instead of the blue with the blue ??????

Sorry if I'm not in right topic,I'm new lol....sound like it's a pain in the bu........ those tachometer I have a 2001 sxr700 and it's does the same thing fuel gauge works but tach and light not but blue wire is good and there is fire in it .. remove complete wiring check everything ,it's all good mmm mmm what a mystery....... juste a weird question why does the blue wire connect to the brown instead of the blue with the blue ??????

Blue or browns are usually power.

On a sled usually it's 12 volt .. we check it a little while ago it read , 13.5 on the blue that hocks juste before the tach is it normal

So I could have something going bad in my voltage regulator ,, or 1 of those 2 condensor could malfunction tu put this much volt...... oufff fun to drive but what a headache went it comes to wiring problem

Is there any way to try to narrow down some trouble shooting.. any help is appreciated.. I juste put and other rpm in started it up the needle went up 2 time and nothing burn that one to ..it's my 3rd oufff

Back