Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Whole motor filled with gas

Senior Member Improved

Must have been the pump. With the new fuel pump rebuild kit in there, my buddy rode it all day the other day and it ran great. Although when I had the pump apart, I didn't notice any membranes torn. I did notice it had 2 sheets of the plastic stuck together on one side and only one on the other. My other phazer just had one sheet on each side (I rebuilt both machines fuel pumps this past friday). The rebuild kit only came with enough of those plastic sheets for one on each side. Maybe it was assembled improperly at the factory 30 yrs ago? Or maybe my problem was a stuck float and it could happen again? Going to install a fuel shutoff valve this summer. Not sure why they don't have one from the factory.
    Last edited by destey; 03-12-2019 at 02:17 PM.

My girlfriend's RMK will draw a siphon and fill the cylinders every time I trailer it when the fuel tank is clear full. It had a fuel shut off when we bought it and it solves this problem...when I remember to shut if off that is. I got to have the fun of spraying fuel out the sparkplug holes last year because I forgot to shut it off. Of course it was when we arrived at our riding area and were ready to go ride right away. Didn't take long to get the fuel out, but waited an hour with it tipped on its side before being brave enough to fire it up.
    03 Mountain Viper, SLP Triples, SLP Flo-rites, gas rack, low profile blue windshield, NO underhood air going to the air box, (& no more powder bog)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12