1988 Excel III carborator question

Bullet69

I'm new to Yamaha 2-strokes. I've had a couple of 4-strokes though. My question is I have been told that the pilot jet is either a 95 or 100. I don't have a manual so does anyone know what is correct? I have also been told that the main jet is a 135. Is this also correct? Lastely, I have the oil injection cable set at 25mm. The 1985 is set at 22mm-24mm, but my friends book only goes to 1985 and this is a 1988.
Thanks.

95, 135, 25 will be fine. Plug in the middle hole on the tower. The late Excels were not well documented in terms of service manuals. The closest is the 88 long track service manual. I have one in pdf if you want it.

I did join that page. It was nice to see one Enticer specific. The plug is in that hole. someone showed me a posting that it was supposed to have a 100 and the guys on that page said 95. I cant find a manual, so I thought I'd put the question on here. Your right though. I can't find very much in writing on that sled. Thanks for your help.

It was probably me that said 95. I don't think I have even seen a 100. Run the 95, it will be fine unless you plan on mountain sledding at -40.

Back