Fuel in pulse line

destey

I have a '99 SRX700 that started idling funny and had little power. Took the pulse line off, and its all wet inside. I can't find a rebuild kit for this pump, anyone know where to find one?

I don't think they make one. I searched all over a few years ago looking for a kit and couldn't find one either.

The pump looks like it is available from Yamaha. 99 700? 8DF-24410-00-00 any dealer
Looks like $20-30 on ebay for a used one, or ~$100 for a new one. Any chance the used ones will hold up? Or has 20 years put them all on the edge of death? Or is it possible to buy some material off amazon and make my own?

Last edited:
Got one local from a guy for $15, but I'm seriously considering putting in a new pump this summer. Thoughts? I hate to spend the $100, but I don't like the idea of it sucking in fuel to the bottom end. I guess at least its mixed oil/gas at that point.

Looks like $20-30 on ebay for a used one, or ~$100 for a new one. Any chance the used ones will hold up? Or has 20 years put them all on the edge of death? Or is it possible to buy some material off amazon and make my own?
Put the new one on

Ordered a new one also. Got the used pump in, as the new one looks like it'll take a week or two to get here. But now I'm wondering if the problem isn't the carb floats or something else like the external coils. I put it all back together with the used pump, and it idled a little off and didn't have much low end. Then after about 1/8th of a mile it lost almost all power and wouldn't move. Had to go get it with my snowmobile trailer. After a buddy helped me pull it on the trailer, I noticed the PTO pipe had gas in the pipe. Pulled the plugs, PTO plug was soaking wet, middle plug was soaking wet, and the mag plug was bone dry. Later when I pulled the airbox apart, I noticed a lot of 2 stroke oil residue pooled in each of the 3 bays. Any idea of what my issue is? The sled was completely rebuilt this summer, split the crankcase, new seals everywhere, put in a low miles crank, new pistons, wrist bearings and a lot more. It has been running well though the bog actually I remember it starting a little while ago and its been getting worse. Could it be the external coil? I already replaced the stator and CDI back in 2012 (I think that was the year) when I first had a bog issue. Also, I noticed that the oil low light flickers very rapidly, like at the speed of the spark plugs. Yet my oil tank is full to within an inch of the top. I had been through the wiring back in 2012 and found some rub through, but I felt like my fix should prevent it from rubbing. I don't think its the powervalves, as I just took them out last weekend because I thought that's why it was bogging, and readjusted them (they weren't off by much). The plugs themselves don't look fouled (running the BR9ECS).

Back