Vmax xtc 700 drops idle after reed spacers?

vdubracer33

Not sure if its supposed to happen or what.. But ever since I put spacers in I noticed on a lake run wide open it will go to 8,000 rpms for a while then it will drop down to 7800.

I would guess clutching components?
Reeds spacers wouldn’t do that unless some petals are shot.
Also, your target RPM should be around 8400.
8000 is very low.

Clutch related. Remove the six bolts holding the cover on. Inspect for wear and slop.
Back each bolt out 1 turn at at time as the cover is under pressure.
You did remember to put the white stuffers in when the reed blocks went back in didn't you?

Yes stuffers went back in. Also just noticed the title says drops idle.. Dont know why it wrote that.. Lol i suppose its time to play with the clutch. I never have and have owned the sled for around 6 or 7 years

Both my xtc's top out at 8k. Which is weird because I thought I read somewhere that they were revving to high from factory. Any ideas on what to do with clutch like what size weights or color spring and where to get them? Always wanted to do something with the clutch anyways to get more snap out of it.

What elevation are you at ?
Also, what belt are you running ?
Those should all over rev from the factory, 2 of mine were at 9000 rpm...

What are the odds.. But maybe both sleds were tuned down a little to drop the revs or something? I just find it odd both sleds do the same thing. One has probably 8,000 miles on it and the other one I picked up 2 years ago and only has like 2500 miles on it. Debating om doing the head gasket mod to the one with 2500 miles

Back