Thinking of swapping my track out, need some suggestions

Srxftw

Hey guys, I’m sick of spinning and loosing traction with this garbage track on my 01 srx, it’s a 3/4 lug who knows what track with 96 studs, I’m trying to decide on a track that I can actually hook with but won’t loose speed with, track reviews are all over the map for each track so was wondering what you guys are using and what works, I don’t leave the trail often, 90% hard pack, I ride the lake simcoe and Kitchener area, I apparently ride like an animal so she’s gotta nite hard, any suggestions would help cuz I’ve never rode anything else.

I've have a Ripsaw 2 on my '07 Attak and love it, but need to add studs. I do the same riding as what you say you do. I have a buddy that has the Ice Attack XT and couldn't be happier. We did 40 miles in 40 mins in some very icy conditions and he kept up no problem. I'm actually putting the 1" Ice Attack on my Vmax4 this summer. I've read that you can get 8-10k miles on these track. They have pleaty of grip on the ice and really good grip on the trails, acceleration and braking.

The short version, Ripsaw 2 it you prefer standard studs, Ice Attack pre-studded if you like pre-studded track.

Nator

I don’t leave the trail often, 90% hard pack
With 90% being on trail, you will be hard pressed to do better than a Hacksaw. Either in standard form,predrilled or its prestudded version, Ice Attack.
It is certainly no shining star off trail, but more than make up for it in the ... Miles of Smiles you'll have while on trail.
A studded Hacksaw on an SRX ...... make sure there is Velcro on the grips, your hands and on yours and your sleds seat!!

Last edited:
For track longevity, use double backers only. If you want to use the other predrilled "single" holes, drill a companion hole next to it so a double backer can be used. Alternate sides with the single hole procedure outlined if you'd like to keep it at 144. This will be leaving the adjacent single hole empty.
View attachment 64981IMG_0307.JPG

Last edited:
Is it rash to stud a prestuded track? Is 144 picks more suitable then 96 on an srx, I’ve got duelly carbides on er, I would definetly do the double backer thing, should I entertain the fancy shmancy backers with the the little teeth on em? I really like the look of the ice attack track, they are a little over 800$ around here lool

I would doubt that the car studs that are embedded in a prestudded track would offer much if anything that standard studs already offer. Certainly not worth it to me. But that's not to say I haven't thought about it.

Back