'95 Vmax 600 High output Stator??

SXViperNate

VIP Member
Does anyone know if there is a higher output stator for the '95 Vmax 600? I'm fixing up a '95 for my 11 year old riding buddy. So far he loves it! I'm adding electric start and want to upgrade the headlight to HID. With the charging the battery, heated visor, and then adding an HID headlight, I hear that the load is above what the stock stator can handle and it will over heat. So that is why I'm looking for a higher output stator.

Thanks
Nator

Never heard of them making one but that doesnt mean it hasnt or cant be done. I know i can send in my stators on my Dirt bikes to have them rewound for better output. https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/stator-rewind-yamaha-ttr230.asp May be worth a call just to see what they can do. The HID system on the old ignition sleds was something that was never really figured out as im sure you read. I did not have luck with HID's or Ballast LED's but LED's have come a long way since i tried. Even the LED's that run on a ballast have some issues. I know ROC's LED system from YAMAHAHEATER has worked on the older sleds but i have no personal testing or have i seen any long term results. Miam runs them on some older sleds and maybe he will see this and chime in.

i run rock's set up on my et410 and also on my 11 apex. i am just diagnosing a no high beam on the et once i get it in the garage as it just quit on me but the kit has been in the sled for over 5 seasons and he has improved it since then. et has added e start and rocks smart supply on it for running the heated visor and charging my cell phone. does not charge as well as on the apex but it does charge. i also have a tac on this sled that runs off of the lighting coil as well. the e start has its own charging coil. i am still running the stock 1157 tail lamp bulb as the led i had for it would not work. going to have to try to do the led conversion again when i have time.

Back