Phazer II vs Venture XL electrical systems

Cherrypicker

Stator mounting screws loosened up on our 95 Venture XL, stator jammed against flywheel/rotor, made a couple laps before ripping out the wiring. Result, flywheel, stator, engine cases all need replacement.

It seems that the stator for the Venture is unique and was only produced for years 94-95 and different even from the electric start Phazer II LE models. I am having difficulty finding that exact stator used although it appears they are available new, to the tune of $400+. I have a wiring harness from a Phazer II LE, so am considering going that route, as the stator is more readily available. I guess does anybody understand why the different stators? 8BK-85510-00-00 is the part number, there are other stators with the same part number, 85510-00-00 for ATVs, possibly watercraft, it is my understanding the the first three numbers refer to model designation, so is it possible to substitue?????

The Venture has additional electrical requirement, as in second set of hand warmers, and reverse beeper, but other than that I'm not sure why the stators would be different. I am going to do an additional parts search but assuming the CDI, might be different as well ???

Back