700 xtc blowing coolant back in Reservoir. Not circulating.

mpr440660

So the last time out, I had a coolant line by the switch for the heated carbs blow off. I had to drive the sled home. It was about 15 miles and 25 below. I drove it really nice and kept putting my hand the motor and never really got hot. Even stopped about five or six times and let it cool . So now I'm trying to get the system working again and I'm struggling. I've done this before and never had troubles like this. I can fill the whole cooling system I will take the hose off by the rear heat exchanger and fill everything to the top. Then I'll start it and let it run without the radiator cap off for any air to go out. Then put the cap on and verify that both floorboards and rear heat exchanger are warm and they are. And then when I drive the snowmobile fairly nice I can touch the floor floorboards are warm. But after I get on it and do a couple wide open passes it'll take a whole bunch of coolant and shove it into the reservoir at even blow the cap off. And then the left heat exchanger we'll get ice cold and the temp light will. come on. Even driving at nicely afterwards thinking it would suck that any freeze back in it doesn't. I replaced the radiator cap from a working snowmobile. I'm out of ideas I have two days into this 6 gallons of antifreeze and a lot of swear words. The water pump is just a metal blade so I don't know how that could have gone out. Has this happened to anyone else or does anybody know what's going on.

I could believe that for it getting on the warm/hot side. I believe I may have taken the center gasket out. It does start and run and idle amazing yet. But pretty soon I'm going to have to start throwing Parts at at cuz I can't figure it out

Don’t take rear hose off, won’t be able to bleed it properly that way, put the rear a foot in the air, pull seat off, and open bleeder bolt under seat until coolant comes out.

That is exactly what happened to mine. I'm ordering new head gaskets and will get at it next week week

Back