2000 or 2002 srx ?

Lester

Im looking for some imput.I have both a 2000 and a 2002 srx,both have about the same miles.The 00 has 5200,the 02 has 4800.They both run strong,and in same condition overall.Im planning on selling one,which one do you guys think I would be better off keeping?I plan on rebuilding the engine on the one I keep with some MR Viper porting.I plan on trail riding the one I keep for the next several years.Im thinking about parts availability down the road.I know the 00 is kind of a one year sled as far as some parts go.

I like the 2002.
Like the silver, and one year only hood graphics, knock sensor ect.
Plus, last year of the real SRX’s

If I was you I would pm mrviper and find out if porting would work well with the dcs. I have read there were problems with the 780 and dcs but not sure about porting. I think you can do away with the dcs but not totally sure on that. If it works fine with dcs I would keep the 02 just for the separate thumb and hand warmer controls.

Id keep the 2002 myself. Like mr murder said, silver tunnel looks sweet. Plus with todays shitty gas, that dcs may just save you a rebuild. Also being 2 years newer with less miles, its probably worth more than the 2000.

I love my 00 all blue!! Sandy Reid has the 1000' world record on a 00 too!! Same power as the 01 and 02 I have the dcs on my 04 viper I've never even seen the light come on once....

Back