Clutching/electrical questions

Forcefedwinder

Hello guys, new to the VMAX 4 800. I have been around sleds my whole life but never have owned a VMAX. It is a 1997, barn find, only has 1200 miles on it and I can eat off of it, super clean. The bad- it has rpc twin pipes on it and has a bender orange cdi box. When I purchased it, everything was there but previous owner had the motor out to use in a dune buggy which never panned out. I have all the parts and slowly piecing it back together. I am at the point now where I am running the electrical harness and trying to figure out the oil fuel lines to carbs and engine etc. The sled also didn’t have a clutch but I have found one, just need a good starting point from someone for the spring and weights for primary. Guessing it’s around 165 hp?? Any pictures would be great to look at so I can properly route everything the way it should be. Thanks!

It's hard to show a photo of the fuel lines without removing the air boxes but I can try to explain. Each fuel pump has a crankcase pulse line. It's usually black and it's the largest diameter line. Connect a pulse line to each fuel pump. The oil pump has two small lines each with a small metal sleeve. A small diameter line runs from the oil pump to each of the fuel pumps. The medium sized clear lines run from the fuel pumps go to each pair of carburetors. Yamahas mix the oil and fuel in the fuel pumps. The mixed fuel then travels to the carburetors. If you need more help let me know. We've been running Vmax4 s since 1992. Good luck.

Back