Will a dead battery cause any damage?

norwegian

The venture 600 99 mod I bought spent a year outside, so the battery is probably dead. Will riding the sled with the dead battery hooked up, damage anything electrical?

might hurt the stator as it will be trying to charge the battery as you ride it. a short run should not hurt but any long distance it might fail.

If you unhook your battery you will loose your tachometer. You must add a smoothing condenser to retain your tachometer function without a battery.

I can borrow a battery for the rest of the season. It says it's 20 ampere hour and 12. Should work and not damage anything, right?

Sorry to jump in, but just want to learn. So sleds with the e-start don't have a smoothing condenser, but sleds without do? Does that mean there are different wiring harnesses?

Sorry to jump in, but just want to learn. So sleds with the e-start don't have a smoothing condenser, but sleds without do? Does that mean there are different wiring harnesses?

Wire harness exactly the same. Smoothing condensers plug in above right foot well. They are a plug and play type of thing

Well, I bought 2 harnesses to be sure. Seems like people "fix" them with cable shoes, and then that rubs through the other wires.

Back