2000 srx 700 7000 rpm bog ELECTRICAL?

sled has high end bog and it is not engine , clutch , carb or belt related. i repeat NOT engine related. when i rev sled up on jack stand to 7000 rpm it will very slowly climb to 7400 , after that when i let go of throttle on jack stand it will not take throttle again until track slows down . it will make strange power surge sounds but wont take gas while it is slowing down from 7400 rpm. would this b my stator? rectifier? cdi? it will climb fast from stand still to around 5 or 6000 rpm then boggy to 7400.

I'd check the simple things first, plug cap, stator & PU coil resistance, verify power valve system is working. Does it start to break up around 7000 like its miss firing ( Hard cutting in and out) or is it just flat sounding, droning bog?

hard to explain the noise it makes when it slows down and it wont take gas. riding it it is flat sounding after around 6000 rpm. again it sounds like an electric surge, not a misfire. powervalves are all in working order. caps are new

I think I would check the magnets on the flywheel and make sure they are clean next and maybe pull the flywheel and make sure everything is clean in there. Also could have a partially plugged exhaust.

I kind of think it sounds like the powervalves are mis adjusted. Did you make sure it moves to the full rotated position @900rpm when adjusting the 2.5mm gap? For me its not easy to get it there, sometimes have to start it again and make another try as its a narrow range for it to stay running but still low enough to trigger that full open servo condition. And when you kill it you have to watch the servo to make sure the bugger doesn't move on you

Back