1998 SRX 700 Very Heavy Steering

wheel10

Bought an SRX this winter as a backup sled. Hard pulling sled that has potential to be a fun sled to drive. However, as it is right now takes way too much muscle to turn the skis while driving. Way too heavy on the skis. Really starts to dart at any kind of speed as well. On the bright side it corners like no other, you turn the skis and it goes in that direction. No push in the corners. Can these sleds be easy driving/handling sleds? Would the first step be to loosen the limiter strap? In the garage and skis off the ground they turn freely so that is not an issue. I will probably go to dually carbides next winter as I have had good luck with them keeping a straight trail.

Thanks in advance

Bergstrom triple points, shim the carbide. Limiter strap out and check the ski alignment.

Length and angle of the carbide ski runners makes a big difference. If you're running a 6" try going to a 4". Also go with 90 deg vs 60 if there's a choice.

You need some adjustable transfer rods to help transfer the weight to the back of the sled, I have some for sale if you're interested.

Back