Carb throttle valve help

SRXChris

Still trying to get my sled as back to as close to stock after previous owner did alot of mods to it.

Have the carbs on the bench as I'm changing the jets to bigger from 148.8 148.8 and a 151 to a 150-150-152. Pilots will go to 42.5 from 40, model is 01 SRX with cold air kit. Looks like kit was added and no change to the jetting specs as 148.8 x2 and 151 and 40 pilots are stock specs for mine. Its lean.

Going through manual and carbs and noticed throttle valve height is was off, manual says spec is 1.2 mm. Mines at 5mm + currently. Obviously this needs adjusting and wondering has anyone run this wide of gap before and why? SHould I take it right to spec as manual states? Thanks.

Attachments

• carb.jpg
    carb.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 3

Anyone? Opinion, guess? Like I said it's all stock jetting for 01 and needle in 3 position with washers underneath just think the spacing is way to big and why would have he done this ? Bad idle from dirty carbs?

Anyone? Opinion, guess? Like I said it's all stock jetting for 01 and needle in 3 position with washers underneath just think the spacing is way to big and why would have he done this ? Bad idle from dirty carbs?

I think you guessed it. Probably had plugged pilots andcranked up the idle to compensate.

Figured out after looking at manual again I was looking at wrong side of carbs. Nevermind I'm an idiot and glad I have a service manual at close hand to help guide my inexperience.

Back