Thread: Where to Get Parts?

Default Where to Get Parts?

I haven't had my VX800 out for a few years but did so a few weeks ago. Needed to do some engine work and found parts are kinda hard to come by - pistons, head gaskets, certain bearings, chassis/body stuff. What are other VMax4 guys doing for engine rebuild parts?
    They always run best just before the melt down.

Blog Entries

Have you been to the Vmax4 site or check Vmax groups on Facebook?
    Castle X Gear and more...

Yep, been a member there for lots of years. What I'm finding is OEM Pistons, head gaskets, waterpump gaskets, and crank seals are no longer available from Yamaha. Looks like stock rings will still be available but they are on backorder for some time.

Hauck plans to have Wiseco piston kits for stock bore 750's and 800's, head and base gaskets, crank seals, and other discontinued gaskets. If you need an 800 piston you'll have to wait awhile though.

So, the 'dinosaurs' might continue to live!!!
    They always run best just before the melt down.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WildMax View Post
    Yep, been a member there for lots of years. What I'm finding is OEM Pistons, head gaskets, waterpump gaskets, and crank seals are no longer available from Yamaha. Looks like stock rings will still be available but they are on backorder for some time.

Hauck plans to have Wiseco piston kits for stock bore 750's and 800's, head and base gaskets, crank seals, and other discontinued gaskets. If you need an 800 piston you'll have to wait awhile though.

So, the 'dinosaurs' might continue to live!!!
    Good to know. I have a 95 800 I have in storage.
    Castle X Gear and more...