99 venture 600 rpm all over the place

norwegian

If I hammer it, it first goes all the way up to 8800. On a long pull it can fall to 8050. Holds 8500 in the powder. Stock european clutching and 18/39 gearing.
Sec has a 43 deg helix and a green spring. Didnt check how many deg. Primary has some weights and a blue white blue spring. Will only do 135 kph (about 80 mph) on a snowcovered trail. Also replaced the plug caps.

Could this be electrical? Sled runs fine otherwise. I smoked the wiring harness alittle when connecting the battery, but all seems to be in working order.

it could be drag in the drive train or the pipe cooling off on the long runs. my dads sx venture with the viper motor came with the connected cone track that was closed every 3rd window. fresh off the trail onto the lake, it would tac 8600rpm for the 1st mile then would drop to 8100 until the pipe heated up again. when i put the fully clipped ripsaw on it, it would hold rpm 2-3 times as long before the pipe cooled off as the track rolled much easyer than the stock track did.

I see, thanks. I think I will start with the clutch. I found a blue-white-blue primary spring in it, and it has 7-8 kg too little end force compared to what is supposed to be in there. I have no rpm issues like that with the MM 700.

Back