Make it fast !!! Srx 700

New rob

Just picked up a 2001 Srx and want to make it as fast as I can with track ( lug size )studs (how many ,size) clutching( springs weights helix) and gearing , what is the best set up for my summer project .

I have a 1 inch track, 121. 22/37 gearing. HC 5,2 in heel, about 7 gr in tip. Red heelclicker spring.
Secondary: dalton 50/40, hauck red sec spring @70 deg.
Plenty plenty fast for me, both on the river and on the trail.

You don't need studs. they will actually make you lose top end. Get a good agressive track and some adjustable transfer rods and it will hook up awesome.

I have the transfer rods but I think stud are a must I'll be on the lake (ice) most of the time ,I have a trail sled the Srx is strictly for straight line speed

i've used the camso ice attack track with the studs,hooked up great on the ice. not as good as picks but lots lighter

Straight line speed as in sanctioned speed runs? The setup will be different if so compared to say just lake racing on snow pack.

Just friendly speed runs on ice or very little hard packed snow , can get a good deal on trail sport or carve track would like the hacksaw but I'm on a bit of a budget , the sled is 3/4 torn down now with more work to come , should be a fun summer project . Just looking for some good advice on where to get the best bang for my buck !!!

Back