Upgrade elec. system to 300W on 1997 SX

MURDER YAMAHA

VIP Life Member
OK, I know what it takes to do an SRX, there is the Wiring harness, stator, CDI, and then the case needs to be modified for the pickup coil.

Thinking about attempting it on my 1997 700 SX. Switching to a dual bulb setup with LED's, just would rather have more power, than try to find very low wattage LED's.

I already have a full wiring harness, coils, CDI from a 2001 MM 700.

Will the pickup coil need to be mounted differently as well like the SRX?

Any other issues that I may need to consider?

OK, I know what it takes to do an SRX, there is the Wiring harness, stator, CDI, and then the case needs to be modified for the pickup coil.

Thinking about attempting it on my 1997 700 SX. Switching to a dual bulb setup with LED's, just would rather have more power, than try to find very low wattage LED's.

I already have a full wiring harness, coils, CDI from a 2001 MM 700.

Will the pickup coil need to be mounted differently as well like the SRX?

Any other issues that I may need to consider?

Big job!! I am not sure on the details, I would have to have both service manuals and just compare stator installs. Wish I was more help.

I think there is something with the crank case that will make this difficult.

Just looked up part numbers for the case. Both 1997 and a 2002 have the same part number.
Thinking I would just need to change:
Wiring harness
Stator
Flywheel
CDI
Coil Pack

The reason for moving the pickup coil on the srx is because the flywheel is smaller on the 00 and up srx. I put a flywheel from a dual bulb sxr on my srx. It will have 4 magnets on it. 3 bigger and 1 smaller

That is some very good info there drew.
So, you are saying a sxr and srx flywheel are interchangeable?
And the newer sxr flywheel has the same larger diameter as an 98-99 SRX?

Back