Trying to figure out the nickel on these

The shiny cylinders look like they were honed. Even the outside of the cylinders look cleaned or blasted. The dark bores you can see where the rings come close to top of cylinders they appear not honed. Put your pistons in the bore and check clearance.
---mac--

I cleaned the outside with a wire brush. The 3 were honed.

I am just wondering if the 3 still need to be renickled. They are not chrome looking like the other 2.

I will get more pics tonight.

Where did you get the three honed cylinders? Did you hone them yourself? And why do you think the Nikasil is no good?

See how one is dull and the other is shiney chrome looking. The other 3 I just did in another sled were still chrome looking after the honing and now is back in sled and runs great.I just dont understand why these are dull.
IMG_20190423_210448566 (Custom).jpgIMG_20190423_210455690 (Custom).jpgIMG_20190423_210549902 (Custom).jpgIMG_20190423_210558789 (Custom).jpgIMG_20190423_210607007 (Custom).jpg

Pic number two and five look like they were honed more.... or longer period of time. The others look like they were honed lightly. Honing does not change the size much or anything at all. I would bolt em up and run em.
---mac---

After looking closer at the pics. Three of those cylinders don't look honed at all. They look to have the original hone marks. The areas around the ports that are smooth Nikasil is that the area you are calling Chrome and shiney? looks like normal wear to me.

let’s say there is no nicasil on them, they would measure WELL under spec.
Whether there is or isn’t, they need to be measured with a snap gauge first. If they are out of spec, don’t run them, or you run the chance of busting piston skirts, and ruining cylinders.

If you measure, and they are within spec, then they have to be nicasiled.

Ring gap generally expressed in thousandths of an inch .018 - .020 is plenty of clearance.
What you need to measure is cylinder - piston clearance. What brand pistons are you installing? Do you have a micrometer to measure pistons and snap gauges or bore gauge to measure cylinders. These are expensive tools most guys don't have access to. If not you should take them to a dealership with tools for measurement.
---mac---

Yep, you should measure the inside of the cylinder bores, then also the pistons.
I can get you specs if you need them.

Back