Gearing calculator, the more rpm the more speed?

norwegian

Hi
I just had a weird experience with my vt 500 lc. The sled seems to have better top end when running at 8000 rpm than running on 7800 rpm. Now I know at 8000 rpm it is overrevving. The thing is, at 7800 rpm max, which is the peak power, the sled shows 140 kph on speedo. On 8000 rpm however, the sled shows 145 kph on the speedo. Now I tried those numbers in the gearing calculator and it kind of gave me an answer. Yes, it does go faster. That is if not the power falls off to rapidly or the clutch effiency does the same.

Now, does this mean that if I ran my srx say at 8650 rpm on ice with almost no snow on it, it would actually go faster than running it at 8500 rpm??

Hi
I just had a weird experience with my vt 500 lc. The sled seems to have better top end when running at 8000 rpm than running on 7800 rpm. Now I know at 8000 rpm it is overrevving. The thing is, at 7800 rpm max, which is the peak power, the sled shows 140 kph on speedo. On 8000 rpm however, the sled shows 145 kph on the speedo. Now I tried those numbers in the gearing calculator and it kind of gave me an answer. Yes, it does go faster. That is if not the power falls off to rapidly or the clutch effiency does the same.

Now, does this mean that if I ran my srx say at 8650 rpm on ice with almost no snow on it, it would actually go faster than running it at 8500 rpm??

Theoretically faster but not quicker!

Back