Long vs short travel w arm

mnsrx01

Anyone know if the w arm on the short travel proaction (srx) is the same as the long travel arm (sxr/viper)? Or have some laying around to compare?
Do they interchange or no? I know the part numbers are different so I'm guessing they are different. Thank you.

You can look up in a parts microfishe, if the # is the same, it's the same.

Yes the numbers were the same but start with 8cv and mine is 8dn. That was the part number difference

might just mean a materials/supplier change if i recall the post someone had on the meaning of the letters and -00-00 parts of a yamaha part #

The early ones were prone to cracking at the welds. I wonder if they didn't update the part for strength ?
I can tell you that I put a 2001 SRX W-arm in my 1997 XTC and saw no real visual differences that I can recall.

That's weird, I have a beaten 1997 Venture 500, and there seem to be no cracks.

I think murder answered it since he put a srx arm in a xtc. That would be a short into a long skid. I'll have to pull mine out and see if I want to repair/reinforce or start with a new one. Thanks guys

If this helps, I had no problems installing a center shock from a srx on my venture 500.

Anyone know if the w arm on the short travel proaction (srx) is the same as the long travel arm (sxr/viper)? Or have some laying around to compare?
Do they interchange or no? I know the part numbers are different so I'm guessing they are different. Thank you.

Everything in the two skids are the same (and interchangeable) except the shocks and transfer rods.

The early ones were prone to cracking at the welds. I wonder if they didn't update the part for strength ?
I can tell you that I put a 2001 SRX W-arm in my 1997 XTC and saw no real visual differences that I can recall.

in 2000 the srx arms had a little extra bracing on them, it wasn't very noticable.

Thanks for the extra knowledge. Now that summer is here hopefully I can get motivated soon as I have a long todo list

Back