Clutch tools

On the cogged wheels that drive your track(drivers), there would be nubs on those drivers. They would protrude through the windows on your track. Much like a positive drive system.
A standard driver does not have these. It is kind of like comparing a Philips tip screwdriver to a Torq tip. One slips, the other cannot.

I'm not sure if it applies to you with the longer track, but the clutch setup I have in my signature works amazing on my 121 viper. Was smoother on engagement, noticeably quicker bottom to top, and didnt lose anything anywhere. actually improved my mileage a tad. I ride groomed trail and cut across some lakes. fast northern NH trails, mostly logging road width, 40- 70 mph

so do you suggest that I should put a lighter rivet in the tip? Would this increase engagement rpm?
Yes you will more than likely need to lighten the rivet in the tips of the clutch weights.
No the engagement will not change.
You should use a gram scale to insure the weights are all the same exact weight. The following link is to the same one I currently have. It is rugged and self-protected when not in use.
https://www.ebay.com/sch/34088/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=tuff+scale&_sop=15

Last edited:

Back