1999 venture 600 suspension help

snowmoboyle

Hi, bought a nice 99 venture but it needs both suspension rails. Any source ideas for parts vs new? Located in central Wisconsin thanks!

What's wrong with your rails ? Are they broken? If so you can convert much more common 121 rails to 136" for about 30$ . I did it for my brother's sled, worked out great.

I would be very interested in hearing how you convert 121 inch to a 136 inch. I have three Yamaha ventures, all two up machines with a 136 inch track and five of the six rails are either cracked or broken off. I replaced one on the 700 with a brand new part but it’s pretty pricey. The other two are venture 500 two ups and all four of the rails are broken or cracked. I cannot find any used ones on eBay and I have not heard of any in the wanted ads here but there are many that are the available for 121”
The original Yamaha part number for the rails is 8CW-W4741-00-00

Thanks
John Kyle

usually on a 121 to 136 conversion, you use rail extensions on the 121 skid and add a tunnel extension for the longer track. none of the mounting points on the tunnel change.

if you went to the 121 rails with extension, you would have to move the mounting points to match the 121 skid.

if you can find a rx war or rs rage skid, they where almost identical other than the shock and relay rods being longer on the rear main shock witch changes the centre shaft mounting point.

Back