Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 485 Rebuild

Slow progress, wife is riding me hard about other things and not wasting my time with this junk. Though progress is being made. I have decided to go with the short track 90 Phazer 2 for the kid. I have that stripped down to a cookie sheet and will put reverse on that. A buddy has done some horse trading with me and is getting the purple venture with the maroon body work from the venture pictured above. On the Venture TR, I have gone through the rear skid, checked all bearings and wheels, The drive and jack shaft bearings. clutches cleaned and checked for wear. I just finished the front suspension today. Replaced strut shocks and re greased everything and put it together. Its sure nice when all the bolts come out and nothing is seized any where on this thing. Makes quick work of routine maintenance. I still need to swap the gas tank as the plastic on the hinge is broken. Have a spare all ready to go. Than swap the seat and back rest plus a few other items like strut cans. Should be a nice runner, With a 1,068 miles on the clock.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    96 Phazer ST
    96 VentureTR
    93 Venture GT
    90 Phazer XL
    04 SnoPro 440/700

Just FYI. If you are working on the ignition system, not all stator plates swap out cleanly between the Phazers and Ventures. Some of the early 90's Ventures use a different wiring harness with different connectors than the Phazers.
    1977, 79, 81 Yamaha SRX
    1979 Skidoo Blizzard Cross Country
    1981 Yamaha SS440(s)
    1981 John Deere Spitfire
    1989 Yamaha ET400TRN
    <90 Phazers
    1991 Yamaha Phazer ST
    1991 Yamaha Phazer 144 Rev (piped)
    1992 Yamaha Ventures XL + TF
    1994 VMax 600

True words I had to swap the 93 Venture stator and flywheel onto the 96 Phazer motor when I installed it into the Venture. Luckily it was a strait swap. And all parts were good.
    96 Phazer ST
    96 VentureTR
    93 Venture GT
    90 Phazer XL
    04 SnoPro 440/700

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12