2000 srx

upton44

Viper I was looking at did not work out so found a 2000 srx with 2400 miles.compression so he says is 135 ish all 3 cyl.sled is about 4 hours from me and he said he could deliver it.apparently it has bender trail porting and track is studded.from the pictures it looks real nice.anything I should be concerned as I dont want him to bring it and there is a issue..sled is for my grandson as I ride a 4stroke viper.he is asking 2500 cad

Last edited:

That's not a bad price considering it's Canadian money, probably average from what I've seen. SRXs hold their value. Things to check for:
-Skis for cracks or gouges
-Missing paint on trailing arms and radios rods. They'll be rusted if they haven't been touched up.
-Check the powervalve towers for signs of leaking. Use a Philips screwdriver and take the cover off the servo to make sure the cables are all tight. A simple push on the exposed cable with a finger will tell you if one is slack indicating it's broken.
-Check the exhaust joints for signs of leaks and the condition of the gaskets.
-Look at the heads and make sure the paint is still blue and not discoloured indicating it was run hot.
-All the peripherals of the engine itself to make sure they're fastened in place and not bouncing around, ie airbox, oil tank, coolant tank, all the hoses.
-Make sure the chaincase isn't leaking, pull the dipstick to verify oil.
-Rear skid, go over this with a flashlight and take your time. The front W arms are know to crack so inspect that closely, check shocks for leaks and ask if ever rebuilt. The W arm mounts on the slide rails have bushings and collars in them and I'd be willing to bet they're toast unless the owner was meticulous enough to take them out every year and grease them. Roll all the idlers and listen/feel for bad bearings. Wiggle/pull on anything you can to make sure the bolts are tight.
- Check the track for cracks/ missing lugs
- Seat cover for rips or damage

Don't be intimidated by his psi numbers and if you have a compression gauge use it to make sure.
Have some gas there to start it and make sure it's firing on all 3 and no unusual noises are coming from the engine.
Ask him about routine maintenance and who does it and how often. Carbs cleaned/power valves cleaned etc.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

The SRX is for sale....nice shape with low miles. It is the one pictured above. Contact me for details.

The SRX is for sale....nice shape with low miles. It is the one pictured above. Contact me for details.

If it's Kris's sled it has been well taken care of and gone through thoroughly. I've seen a few of Kris's machines and they are all meticulously maintained. For $2500 CAD you can't go wrong on a sled with that low miles. Pull the trigger, you won't regret it.

Remember the SRX is a rocket and will pull 110-115MPH on the lake. Hopefully it's not too much for your grandson.

Back