Viper cdi in 01 srx

I started with fuel screws at 1 turn out but after a few test hits the plugs had a little tiny whiter look to them so I went to 1 1/2.
I'll go back to stock at 1 1/8 with needles at top. 42.5 pilots sounds a little lite dont I need more fuel because of the load on engine at the line? Thank you
Appreciate the help. I hated losing to a xc700.

With your needles all the way up and a higher engagement your already starting the powerband of motor on the needles. Stock 42.5 pilots will do just fine. You dont need to be so fat on pilots for drag racing. Stock fuel screw settings and 135 mains worked well for me.

Yeh I know I should smoke that sled, I also raced in 700 imp
And I took second behind a loud f7 got me on the holeshot but ran him down to a half a sled! If I could leave hard ilk probably not have an issue in the next race. I do have the extra 5.35 wheels. I think I'm going to run the 19t top gear and that should help my holeshot for sure. Did you run pod filters or stock air box? I run the stock.

I wouldn't run pod filters, too hard to tune. Pod filters really only help with Serious motor work, like race porting, case porting, shaving heads, race pipes to run on race fuel only.

You'll do just fine

Last edited:

Back