Sherwin Williams paint for SRX

fourbarrel

VIP Lifetime Member
I know I've posted before looking for paint codes but thought I'd try again.Has anyone used Sherwin Williams paint to do an SRX or Viper?I've tried the PPG mix formula but I can't get it done around here but SW I can so I was wondering if someone has a mix code for that brand or even a number from the chart?I'm not looking for single stage paint I'll be doing the hood in base clear and SW is available locally so I'd like to get it here in case I run out of something.If it comes down to it I will take the hood in to the store and use the paint cards to match it but was hoping I could skip this with a readily available mix code.

Is this the 01 your doing? Just wondering who you are sourcing decals from if you are going stock replacements or repro. Also I’m in the collision repair field. They should be able to convert the Ppg to sherwinn code for you. I’m not at the shop that sprays sherwinn anymore but if you have the ppg code I might be able to still get the sherwinn for you. Also in my experience with there color chips and solvent paint they usually don’t match each other real great. Was told they used water for the chips.I’d do a spray out and compare to the hood first. If your spraying the whole thing then it would probably be fine. I’m quite particular tho

Yes I'm looking at painting my '01 and the decals are repop. I bought them from a shop in Edmonton Alberta, I just couldn't find original decals anywhere.
I had a window pane fall out of the casing last winter and break against the side of the sled and it left a couple of gouges in the plastic plus there's a spot just in front of the headlight where something ate the clearcoat so the whole thing needs to be freshened up.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Ok I’ll look and see what I can find tomorrow with that formula or yes I’d just use the sherwinn chips and pick the closest one and spray it. Nobody would notice sleds sitting side by side most likely. I have a 01 to do also. Looked for years for a good hood or decals. I did find another 01 hood that’s ok but not mint, so I’m gonna have to redo one also. How do the decals compare to the original?

Oh I see the ppg is the toner numbers in the tech pages. I’ve heard before the Honda electron blue is close so they could look up Honda electron blue paint code is b-95p. Pull the chips for that and compare to the original hood is worth a shot. Or if they have a paint reader to use that would be ideal

Last edited:
I don't have them in hand yet.The guy that recommended the decal shop lives in Edmonton and is selling me a windshield so he picked them up and is shipping the decals with it.He messaged me today and said they look great and he's had some done previously.From what he said you'd never know they weren't oem.

I'm getting that color mixed next month you want some i can could ship it to you on your dime, its PPG color not the code on here though could not find that one in any code book. Painted a vmax that color looks identical. Uploading a photo is outside my skill set.

I'm getting that color mixed next month you want some i can could ship it to you on your dime, its PPG color not the code on here though could not find that one in any code book. Painted a vmax that color looks identical. Uploading a photo is outside my skill set.

I'll get back to you on the paint.I'm taking the hood in to the shop that I'm looking to get the paint from and go through the paint cards to see if there's a match.I took the Honda electron blue code in and they found that code on a card.It looked pretty good but I want to use the hood to compare it to.

Good luck! There are so many to choose from you should be able to find one close that will look great ��

The Dupli-Color “Perfect Match” Electron Blue Pearl is as close as I have found. If in Canada, it’s available off the shelf in spray cans at Canadian Tire. I’ve used it for touch up on trailing arms etc.

Oh I see the ppg is the toner numbers in the tech pages. I’ve heard before the Honda electron blue is close so they could look up Honda electron blue paint code is b-95p. Pull the chips for that and compare to the original hood is worth a shot. Or if they have a paint reader to use that would be ideal

I've used the honda electron blue on trailing arms, it's similar but noticeably different than the yamaha blue

I've used the honda electron blue on trailing arms, it's similar but noticeably different than the yamaha blue

I pulled the cab off my '01 today and took it to the store to check it against the Electron Blue Honda colour paint card.I ended up choosing another card that was,in my mind,closer than Electron Blue.I'll be painting the whole cab so it really wouldn't be the end of the world if the colour wasn't exact but I really want the paint to be as close as possible to the factory colour.

Back