Coils

destey

I got a '99 SRX700, and not sure why its running rough but I wanted to rule out external coils so I bought one from a guy but apparently its a 2000+ because it doesn't have 2 bullet connectors, its got a 4 plug connector. Coils look about the same though. Can I use the coil I was sent, if I change out the wiring? Also does anyone know what the wiring is supposed to look like? I have the 2000 service manual but my sled is a '99 and that part is different apparently. Right now before messing with it, the plugs are kind of daisy chained together (one coil input bullet connector goes to the next output until the end and that connects to a couple of bullet connector leads that goes somewhere down in the gut of the machine. Maybe the wrong thing is connected somewhere and that's the source of the problems? thanks in advance

Wiring is different for sure from a 1999. As you said, newer ones have I single plug for the coils. Not sure however if the coils themselves are the same or not.
Would be tough to even try to use them to test with without cutting ends off wires I would assume.

I put '00 wiring on my '98 to convert it to then 300 watt mag and used my stock coils with the '00 wiring.All I had to get was the short pigtail harness to wire the coils together so they plug into the main chassis harness. I'm not sure what the differences are over the years of manufacturing but mine plugged into the coil harness with no issues.

Back