Triple tm 33/3 rack

fullcoda

Yanked the carbs on the 2005 sx 700 triple mountain vipe, a triple TM 33/3 rack, with intent to clean and rebuild with new jets etc. Bought the kit. when I cracked the top cover I saw a couple set screw setups holding the throttle valve in place on the throttle rod. In order to separate the carbs individually the rod has to come out. I must confess i am a bit anxious about undoing the set screws with out any idea of what parameters the set screws were set at. Do I set everything to default all the way closed, or does the throttle valved actually sit up a bit to allow idle air? Will it normally bottom out and the cutaway is enough? The whole thing is i'm trying to get to the jet needle. any thought, ideas, or comments would be greatly appreciated. :o|

You said: The whole thing is i'm trying to get to the jet needle. any thought, ideas, or comments would be greatly appreciated.

Remove the top cover. Looking inside you will see two allen cap screws. Remove them. You are then able to pull the needle up and out. To remove the nozzle. Remove the float bowl. remove the main jet. Nozzle slides out the bottom of carb. Nozzle is keyed do not twist just push it straight out.
---mac---

Yep, no need to separate the rack at all.
I use a small ball head Allen screwdriver to get at the two screws that hold the needle assembly in place.

well on the sx700 carb rack i did last night, i used a set of side cutters to wiggle and pull on the float pin out. i have used small vice grips before to do the job as well.

Back