Clutch questions?

NHTodd

Hello guys and gals. Well finally started tearing into the sled today for the up coming season. Tore off the first clutch. Put on a new belt and of last season but clutch still slips so gonna replace the springs and anything else that needs fixing. So here's the pics so far once I figure how to shrink them.

Ok well cant figure out how to shrink them only things to report are the triangle tip things seem worn but already have new ones to replace and the main shaft was rusty along with the splines on the clutch so I'll polish this stuff up. Spring is black and crusty was planning on replacing anyways so no big deal. Any other things I should be aware of? Thanks in advance.
Todd W

1. New belts need to have the sides cleaned w/ Scotchbrite. Do it in the sink w/ hot water & soap.
2. Clutch faces need to be cleaned also w/ Scotchbrite. Wipe them clean w/ solvent. Naptha,Acetone or MEK type solvent.
3. The "triangle tip thing" your referring to, are they on the secondary, three of them & about the size of a fingernail? #2 in the picture. They slide on the helix or #15.
IMG_0633.PNG

Last edited:
Yep those are what I'm talking about I will do that. Thank you I'd never heard of scotchbriting the belt. Will do that as well. Oh while I think about it dont we get a manual for being premium member that would always be good. Also have replacement bushing for this clutch any tips on removal? Thanks again guys.
Todd W

That manual is awesome man I was like a kid on christmas looking thru that thank you so much!! This place just keeps getting better I'm never gonna leave lol.

Back