Just sayin thank you

Lowlife

Bought a 98 xtc deluxe late last season for rookies, guests, etc. Knew the original owner and was nearly perfect. Looked for info on maintenance, dependability mods etc. Ended up back here most of the time on google so thought i may as well sign up.
Did the required bearings etc and thought as long as im here may as well keep going so I replaced the rear skid with a ski doo sc5 I had laying around. It had been gone through and was just sitting in the corner. Also I consider the stock skid an abortion. Sorry. Put on a 1.25 new track and will now be looking at a reed notch and some clutch improvements. I will be putting on some pilot 5.9 skis I have laying around as well.
Picked the redhead well because it's a redhead and a perfect teaching tool. So thanks for all the info on here.

Murder, no for 2 reasons
1. It's for rookies I need a sled that will be dependable, gentle, and will run forever. To quote me "If you want to go faster buy your own damn sled"
2 I sure as hell don't need anyone beating me on my etec 800 ski doo THATS what would be embarrassing

Vincent. The only true redhead the 700

I may do the head gasket mod but it's not a pooch as it is and Oooooooo that sc10 rides damn near as good as an rmotion. Oh yeah should rebuild the shocks in front.

Carbontech that much better than stock?
I assume we pull the metal out and glue gaskets together?

2014 renegade x 800 11,000 miles. Never touched the motor. Thinking about trygstad since he's in my back yard but I check compression and crank run out every year along with anal retentive maintenance.

2000 700 sks polaris built for deep snow

1996 ski doo mxz 440. Blueprinted chassis and motor. This was our last racing sled. She still looks like we just took her off the track. Won WSSA took second in MRP in pro stock and stock classes of pro ice. Both extinct organizations now. Any old racers out there remember Wild Willy Jensen?

73 340 fa ski doo

71 ski doo nordik 399. My dad was the original owner

That's all that's left. Lots of regrets on one's I should have kept oh well I can say that as well with cars and guns.

Last edited:

Back