do you have a trick ??

MR. X

Hey all,

I have difficulty to loose the rear shock of the Pro action of my MM700 2001. I would like to slack it in order be 50-50 as BETHEVIPER suggested. The 2 rods are really causing issues with my big hands !!!

Also another question is about when we tighten the locknut below the torsion spring. Is there a way to get it really lock as I have only 1 spanner wrench so do not know how to block the top ring in order to put pressure only on the lower.
By the way, OEM spanner wrench this is a pure junk !! Do not know for you but this is so small this is really easy to get out of the nut!

50/50 while you are sitting on it.

yes 50/50 when I'm sitting . I know that . But this not what I want to know !!!

I'm looking for a trick to be able to drop pressure on the coil of the rear shock as there is 2 rods on bot sides and there is not a lot of place to work without removing the rods.

no one has a trick to drop shock pressure ( slack the rings ) ?? Not an easy task to get these hands between the transfer rods!

when i adjust those, i use a hammer and punch/chisel to tighten the jam nut. the one against the spring usually does not move very much (1/8 turn if i remeber correctly) when i do this.

when i adjust those, i use a hammer and punch/chisel to tighten the jam nut. the one against the spring usually does not move very much (1/8 turn if i remeber correctly) when i do this.

Super thanks for the info!

But to loosen , this is a pain in the ... to use the spanner wrench. Do you use the hammer and a chisel to get the job easily done?

i use it to get them moving after i have cleaned the threads of the sand and grit in them. then i turn it by hand usually until i lock it down.

Back