Grass drag results 01 srx

viperman70

My set up 8bu 3.1 in both holes,red spring with one shim,engages at 5200.
51/43 Yamaha helix,green Yamaha spr at 80twist, 20/40 gearing
My question is it comes out hard ahead of all the f7s but they will catch me 3/4 track and around me at the finish by a loop.I was going to try a 21top gear and see if it wouldstay ahead the whole way. The video shows some spinning.
Any advise would be appreciated.
Was the only Yamaha and I represented well making it to finals in 700 stock,700imp,800stock.

8100 is way too low, would like to see the initial hit to be around 8300-8400 and maybe climb 200 rpm by the end.
May be too heavy with the rivets, or too weak on primary spring.

Yeh Yammiegods set up calls for a max performance white spring 60/130 but no one has one. I tried a new dalton bgb suppose to be 57/135 but it was lower engagement like 4500 and wasn't even close to the red spring. The red spring is not new though. I was going to try a viper cdi box and run the weights empty and stay just below 9000rpm since I just grass drag it.

Don’t think the factory pipes will make power that high, even with the extra timing.
May be best to start with one rivet lighter. Test, and go from there.

You want to gain about 300 rpm. Try taking 1-2 grams out of the tips of the weights. I’d rather be 200rpm low then 100rpm high. I definitely like the idea of taller gearing if you are being run down. Keep in mind the SRX was king, until the F7’s came along. A well setup F7 will be a handful! Keep us posted.

Yeh when I cut a good light I lead the whole race till 5yds before finish. I ran 21/40 at a earlier race and I was running them down to a sled at the end. It felt like it pulled harder and my clutch set up wasn't dialed in yet. Now the holeshot is amazing but I dont get that normal pull your arms off feel. I'll try the tips empty and see what it does first. Them f7 guys were not happy it was sweet.
Thanks

Yes it is a 8bvfa off 03 rx1.
I don't have a 39 bottom gear yet
But it seem to pull real hard last 100ft when I had the 21/40 set up.

Back