Thread: 1982 Yamaha Bravo with 1987 Engine...I think

Junior Member Mini

Default 1982 Yamaha Bravo with 1987 Engine...I think

Engine is now in the sled and fires with a little fuel down the plug hole. The engine I'm running had a round style fuel pump. The old engine was square style. I have two lines coming from the fuel tank. Should I block off one and run one line to the Square fuel pump or try to figure out the round one? Looks like the round one is missing a "nipple". It may have broke off or ripped out.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by teched View Post
    Engine is now in the sled and fires with a little fuel down the plug hole. The engine I'm running had a round style fuel pump. The old engine was square style. I have two lines coming from the fuel tank. Should I block off one and run one line to the Square fuel pump or try to figure out the round one? Looks like the round one is missing a "nipple". It may have broke off or ripped out.
    Did you change the harness, Stator and CDI? Did you change to the new engine carbs or still have the older carbs on the new engine?
    Castle X Gear and more...

needs a new fuel pump. the square one is a mikuni one that is aftermarket and is like $20.00 to buy with tax. i keep a spare one as they work on almost everything.

there should be 3 lines from the tank. 1 vent, 1 gauge and one fuel suction line with the filter on the end of the line in the tank. pump needs to be connected to the line with the filetr on the right port.
    sleds
    410cc reliable power (enticerII) rx tunnel braces
    500cc mutant margarita mixer (09 phazer rtx/x)
    1000cc of yamaha excellence (apex xtx)

motorcycle's
    00 xt350 mod
    08 wr250x

atv
    2005 big bear pro

Senior Member Stock

First thing I do with oldies is rebuild the whole fuel train. OEM parts.