1982 Yamaha Bravo with 1987 Engine...I think

teched

Engine is now in the sled and fires with a little fuel down the plug hole. The engine I'm running had a round style fuel pump. The old engine was square style. I have two lines coming from the fuel tank. Should I block off one and run one line to the Square fuel pump or try to figure out the round one? Looks like the round one is missing a "nipple". It may have broke off or ripped out.

Engine is now in the sled and fires with a little fuel down the plug hole. The engine I'm running had a round style fuel pump. The old engine was square style. I have two lines coming from the fuel tank. Should I block off one and run one line to the Square fuel pump or try to figure out the round one? Looks like the round one is missing a "nipple". It may have broke off or ripped out.

Did you change the harness, Stator and CDI? Did you change to the new engine carbs or still have the older carbs on the new engine?

needs a new fuel pump. the square one is a mikuni one that is aftermarket and is like $20.00 to buy with tax. i keep a spare one as they work on almost everything.

there should be 3 lines from the tank. 1 vent, 1 gauge and one fuel suction line with the filter on the end of the line in the tank. pump needs to be connected to the line with the filetr on the right port.

Back