Ideas needed. Sparks from engine while running

Kchud01sxr600

Hello everyone. Hoping someone has seen this before or might have an idea on what's going on. I have a 2002 SXR600 I have had the engine out and cleaned everything up and now I have it back together and when I get it to run I can see sparks below the carbs. It almost looks like it's coming from between the case halves. Nothing looked out of place when I had it out so I'm lost. I'm open to all ideas so let's hear them. Thanks in advance for all the help.

Do you means sparks like when you grind a piece of steel or sparks like voltage is jumping to ground? what color are the sparks?

After some more digging It looks like i might have a bad ground somewhere. I am seeing arcing where one of the protective springs runs across the steering shaft.

that would be my guess check all the grounds for corrosion. If its electric start check the ground connection at the motor.

I dont have a srx i cant tell you that. The other thing it could be is bad plug wire and or boots. Start it up and turn off the lights if its inside and look for arcing from your plug wires.

Main ground for wiring harness is above secondary clutch. Black wire with an eyelet end. It’s on the vertical part of the steering gate.

Back