2001 Srx ........Struggles.......on ice.....

Bradthedad

New to site looking for help. I have 3 Srxs. 00 ...01.....02.... The 2000 all stock and runs like a champ. I had Hauck go through it as i bought it used. The 2001 I had Hauck put a Set of Aaen pipes ( got cheap from online auction also brand new),and Hauck clutch kit with extra weights on and 2000 jets/ pilots. Egt gauge to keep an eye on her and 144 Chisels. St. Germain radar run 2019 got embarrassed... MID 80s. Other Srxs were 103.5- 105... Lake Wi 2019 , I brought the 2000, and the 2001. 2000 took first place by 4 mph over my 01.What do I do????????? Stock pipes that helpful? :whine:

Thats one of the first things I took care of. Trying to prevent a cable pulling through. But yes the power valves are done.

Then, if motor is good in all 3 holes, i would guess you have some shot clutch parts, or maybe even some bad drag in the jack shaft, driveshaft or rear suspension.
Also, check motor alignment and center to center on clutches.

What are your egts? Are the vents blocked off in front of the pipes may be they aren't getting hot enough

I haven't had much to do with aaen pipes but have ran a couple stock srx and improved srx on the tar. But why is the pto 100 degrees cooler than the other 2? I know on our stock srx we see 1300 plus egts even 1420 at times but you can't use that as guide you need to watch the piston wash and read the plugs. I would be checking why that one cylinder is colder

Stock motor, no porting? I have seen bad porting make a sled ALOT slower. If stock, check compression, valves. If they are ok, then move to clutch alignment, from there check your clutching, were the clutches hot? Inefficiency leads to heat, if you can't hold your hand on the clutches then you got a problem. Another thing I like to check is rotating the track, remove the belt and try turning the track by hand.

I sucked the front suspension way up, drilling new holes in the straps. Loosened the track also. I didnt see the 2nd page. This is my first post.

@383 Stroker. Im wondering now how accurate that gauge is. Like you said I need to look at plugs. Sled pulls and pulls, then peaks. Im ready to dump these pipes. I know guys that run 140 mains with stock pipes....I have 146.3 146.3 and 147.5.... I ordered 47.5 pilots also to give her some fuel outta the hole?

Last edited:
I can't see those pipes making anymore than stock. If the stock srx are running 140s you should be save with that jetting or some where close but I would just work your way does slowly to 140s watching the plugs. Also it be to much finish angle on the helix it pulls hard the goes flat. On the tar we run 50 pilots in out stocker and same with my srx piped viper on the grass

Back