Needle trouble!!! Need quick help

Yamitriple

Tryining to adjust my needles on my sx 700 and I cannot see how to get to em lol I looked in tech pages but didn't find the help I need. I just cant see how to get the slide out without dissembling the whole slide height adjustment mechanism. Feel dumb even asking and I'm sure I'm over complicating it but I need your guys help

You have to pull the caps off the top of the carb. Once you have the tops off use a light to look inside the carb there are two Allen head bolts holding the throttle to the slide pull the two bolts out and you'll find what you are looking for underneath. I hope this gives you what you are looking for.

and DONT lose the white plastic washers that sit on top and underneath the needle . It will make you very sad if you do...lol

Thanks guys was able to get it even tho I badly stripped the middle carbs screw that holds the arm to the rod that runs through the carbs and lifts slide. I bought a replacement and shes good to go. Anybody know where to purchase stainless reed stoppers? Gonna go that route instead of spacers.

I think you mean reed spacers, there are some on ebay I think.

No I didn't want to run spacers in case my carbs will rub. wanted to run the stopper notch to be safe, but I have stock galvanized stops right now. Also murder yamaha where do u hook your hood cord on these pipes lol I cant find a spot anywhere

Boy, I have no clue till that motor goes back together....
memory aint what she used to be...lol

Back